Four Things to Consider During Your Search for a Monthly Rental
Researching your home-away-from-home for extended vacation plans or a month-to-month rental for work travel begins with these four tips.
- Ask the Owner. Big-box rental management companies may transfer you from one call center associate to the next. However, renting an owner-managed property gives you access directly to the owner. This is especially beneficial when you have questions about monthly rental specifics, from garbage disposal questions to the nearest restaurant to the property.
- Proximity to attractions, dining and grocery. Consider the type of traveler you are. Do you like to be in the heart of a city or prefer to reside just outside the hustle and bustle? Check out the property on Google Maps to get an idea of what's nearby. Then, email the owner any remaining questions you have about the adjacent properties, amenities and area. An owner will likely be able to give you detailed information.
- Check the reviews. Whether the month-to-month rental is managed by a rental management company or owner managed, reviews can be helpful in discovering the whole picture, from customer service to nearby construction in the area you're considering.
- Read the listing scrupulously. Pay attention to what's listed and what’s not listed, so you're fully aware of what is provided with your monthly vacation rental.
Have you ever considered staying for months at a time in these scenic resort areas?
- Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, AL
- Destin, FL
- Panama City Beach, FL
- Florida Keys
- Hilton Head, SC
- Myrtle Beach, SC
- South Padre Island, TX
For the latest monthly vacation rental news and specials, subscribe to the MonthlyRentalsbyOwner.com newsletter.