Top Tips for Marketing Your Monthly Rental
Vacant properties cost money for every day they aren't rented. When you're marketing your short-term or month-to-month vacation rental property, consider these six tips to keep your reservations calendar full.
- Invest in professional photos. Rather than snapping some photos on your smartphone, hire a local real estate photographer to take photos that sell. Spending a couple hundred dollars on well-composed photos can be the difference in a potential renter choosing your monthly rental rather than the same floorplan down the street.
- Embrace video. If a photo is worth 1,000 words, imagine what a video is worth! Videos of amenities, the rental itself and even the surrounding area can satisfy curious renters.
- Be descriptive. Write a description that sizzles, but keep it simple. Bullets are also effective in listing amenities or nearby attractions and events.
- Respond to inquiries immediately. When marketing your monthly rental by owner, it's imperative to respond to inquiries in a timely manner. Potential renters will quickly move on if you take a several days or even 24 hours to respond.
- Price it right. Compare your monthly rental rates to others in your area with similar amenities. Are you priced competitively or are you pricing yourself out of the market?
Related: Monthly Rentals for Corporate Professionals
Market your month-to-month vacation rental on numerous niche vacation rental websites for maximum impact. MonthlyRentalsByOwner.com is the first place begin. As a rent-by-owner site in the Clearle brand of vacation rental websites, owners and property manager have the unique advantage of easily marketing their rental property on five or more different rent-by-owner websites simultaneously. Through one easy-to-use web portal, owners can update and manage their property without going to numerous sites. All Clearle rent-by-owner listings are managed in one CMS. These niche-specific rental sites include PetFriendlyRentalsByOwner.com, BoatFriendly.com, LongTermRentalsByOwner.com and MonthlyRentalsByOwner.com.